Motoko Honjo Clayton
After having worked as a banker both in Japan and the U.S. for more than 10 years, pursued her childhood dream of becoming a makeup artist in Hollywood.
Based in the Los Angeles, worked as a makeup artist for 26 years with 2 prestigious U.S. agencies, "Artists by Timothy Priano" and "Exclusive Artists Management."
Conducted over 20 seminars as an instructor for some Japanese beauty schools since 2008.
About to launch her own wedding makeup business.
Highly motivated and inspirational artist, who is dedicated to bringing out one's own beauty and creating joy through her work.
Worked on editorial spreads for magazines, advertising campaigns, and TV commercials, as well as press for actors/actresses, designers, and movies.
- Anne Hathaway
- Daryl Hannah
- Gabrielle Union
- Mariah Carey
- Sanaa Lathan
- Ziyi Zhang
- Chrissy Metz
- Jeannie Mai
- Jessica Parker Kennedy
- Naomie Harris
- Regina Hall
- Regina King
- Tamera Mowry-Housley
- Tyra Banks
- Yumi Matsutoya
- Harper's Bazaar
- Vanity Fair Italian
- W Hotel
- Yoji Yamamoto
- Discover Card
- Oil of Olay
- Don Henley
- Mariah Carey
TV Shows & Movies
- American Next Top Model Season 4, four episodes (2007) - Makeup Artist for Tyla Banks
- Something New (2006) - Makeup Artist for Sanaa Lathan
- The Swan Pageant Part 1 & 2 (2004) - Makeup Artist
- The job (2003) - Makeup Designer for Daryl Hannah
- Tia & Tamera (2011 - 2013) - Makeup Artist for Tamera Mowry Housley
- The Real Season 6 (2013 - Present) - Makeup Artist for Tamera Mowry Housley
- Hello Hennuy (2018 - Present) - Makeup Artist for Jeannie Mai
Has conducted more than 20 seminars in the Roppongi Hills and other metropolitan areas in Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka and Los Angeles since 2008 and continued to share her knowledge and experience with aspiring makeup artists for various educational institutes. Motoko's seminars focus on how to make up white, black, hispanic and asian people by analyzing facial structures, skin tones, and color shades. She is committed to extracting beauty within.
- Berufort Academy Beauty
- International Beauty Federation (IBF)
- Kyushu School of Business Sanko Beauty School
Wrote a column for Asian Magazine, a web-based fashion trend resource, from January 2008 for one year. Motoko answered magazine readers' cosmetic-related questions and concerns, and gave her creative tips to enhance Asian features.
Education & Skills
- 2002: Los Angeles Beauty College (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1998: Joe Blasco Hair Special Course (Hollywood, CA)
- 1994: Joe Blasco Makeup School (Hollywood, CA)
- Esthetician License (2002)
- Omotesenke Tea Ceremony License, Satsu (2008)
- Japanese (Native Language)
- English (Proficient)